Sunday, December 17, 2017

So far, so good with Jan.

Goodmorning everybody!

The week went rather well, speaking of Jan. He stays at abot the same weight, which is for now a good sign. He eats regularly and not bad , has his protein food too and still staying on about the same weight.
Meaning he looses fluid(which he still is retaining a bit in the belly and most in his legs/feet for now).
But we cannot be ungrateful till now. All the other times he was home again he had two or three good days and then gained quickly weight again, being the fluid in the belly.
For now it seems to go better. Let's hope now that slowly he will loose the fluid in his legs too, then he can start moving around and take little walks etc.
However, slowly healing can be good too at times.

Last weekend on Sunday it started to snow here and it kept on snowing all day and night and next day. Even here at the coast it gave trouble on the roads and the airport and train traffic.
Monday evening I was in the kitchen to wash our dishes from dinner and then heard a strange sound.  First looked around in the kitchen and hallway. Nothing. Then looked outside in the garden.
Ghee!!!!!!!!!! There was lying a BIG branche ( about 3 mtrs. long)in the garden, coming from a hugh tree in the neighbour's garden. It was still hanging a bit on the tree, but just. Probably it was caused by the serious amount of snow in short time.
Oh my, what a mess. Still lucky, that it feel into the garden towards the other fence and not on the extension or little shed.
Also the fence close to that tree wasn;t hit. It was already quite dark so I couldn't see too well. Did inspect the other day and all together it wasn;t great but could have been much worse. I went to that neighbour, he wasn;t home early morning so I left a little note to contact us.
He came later that day and saw what happened. He contacted his insurance and lucky the costs for removing would be payed by the insurance. Neighbour is 71, so couldn;t take care of the removal himswelf. But he was really concerned and helpfull and willing to solve this, and hopefully soon next week the branche will be cut off and removed by a company.
I think we will not have too much damage on the plants. Most annoying thing for now is that we cannot go to our little shed. Road is completely blocked by the treebranche LOL!

So every time when life seems to settle down a bit something else is happening and causing trouble. Well, at least it seems to have happened this year a lot. With little things, but also with serious events.
I think i will be glad when this year will be done with and let's hope the last few weeks of the year can pass quietly and rather happy and without any messing up-event!!

Anyway,  the snow is gone now, it just fell those two days. Then we had some days with around 2-4 C, and today the sun is shining and we even have some blue sky. Temperatures might go up the next days to 6-8C, may be a day even higher. Oh, how wonderful. I wonder if it can stay that way till Spring arrives??? We can always hope, but I think we might have some more winter perhaps in January/February.
Brrr, I don;t like the freezing and cold, I did more when I was really young, but that changed along the way ROFL.

That is the news of this week. I think it is enough, hey?
Now hoping that the branche will be removed soon, so that this problem will be gone.
Wishing you all a wonderful week,all in good Christmas spirit!

P.S Wanted to change bloglayout, didn;t work suddenly wsith HTML.
There is a long discription on how to make it work(has to do with http and https sites???). Anyway, couldn't chenge so just chose a Blogger theme and just changed header. Header has to be another size but that will be for next time.
Perhaps there is anybody who could help me step by step how may be change the bloglayout in HTML? I am a total dummy for that, long ago learned how to do it, swent well, till Blogger decided now to make it different. And I want to do it via Firefox and not another browser.
If I cannot change anymore, well, pity, at least i can change header, till now LOL.
may be some day I will figure it out all by myself, but don;t want to spent a lot of time on it, specially now.





5 comments:

Kessa said...

Glad to hear that Jan is still doing well and slowly improving. Hope you are able to have some rest too as you've been so busy and worried and need to enjoy the preparations for Christmas. God is certainly looking after you and your home. So pleased that the branch didn't cause any major damage.

Edna B said...

I think it is wonderful that Jan is doing so well. I hope he continues to get better and lose all that excess fluid. Oh my, you are so lucky that there is no big damage from the falling branch.

Here's hoping that the last couple weeks left in this year will pass by without any more problems. My wish is that next year will be a good year for all of us.

Shortly, I have do a bit of shopping for the house. Gosh, I'll be glad when that is done. I'm not crazy to go out shopping or anything else really in this cold weather. Brrrrr! The good news is that Spring isn't very far off. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

So glad to hear Jan is progressing, slowly but progressing at least towards his old self again. Make sure he gets his vitamins and you might want to add a cup of Tumeric Tea to his daily routine. Best thing going for keeping the motor running smoothly. I add honey to mine since I've cut sugar out of my diet except for honey.

We didn't get but 1 or 2 hours of light snow fall and then it turned to freezing rain. But we fancied up our front yard anyway. I found my favorite lawn decoration and bought 4 of them. Pushed them into the ground on spindly legs and Bridgit made bows for their necks. Today if I get the chance to get to the dollar store or the craft store, I'm looking for small santa hats. Then I will have the best dressed Pink Flamingo's in the neighborhood. I'll be posting a picture of the front of the house sometime this week on the blog.

Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy having your husband home even if you have to pamper him a little bit.

Grandma Sarge said...

Tell Jan to keep the good work going. I'm still saying prayers.

Merry Christmas to you and Jan!

Edna B said...

I must be slipping. I honestly thought I left a comment the other day. Ah well, the mind is beginning to age just a bit like the rest of the body. groan, groan, groan.

It is certainly nice that your neighbor was so helpful. It's true though, sometimes when it rains, it pours! Let's just hope that next year will be a much better and healthier year for all of us. Pogo and I will be going to Florida soon, and I have so many fun things planned for us to do. Flea markets, walks by the water, taking photos of local birds and flora, etc.

Kyra, it's almost Chrstmas, and I'm hoping that you and Jan have a happy and blessed day. And, Pogo sends you woofs! You have a great day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.